St. Anthony’s School, Kurseong aspires to deliver quality education to a diverse student body in a nurturing environment; inspire a passion for learning, foster a sense of wonder and curiosity, to develop, sustain and maintain academic excellence coupled with a balanced holistic curriculum that is relevant to the student’s day to day life experience. Students must become more aware of the relevance of their learning. At St Anthony, we devote a major portion of our time to understand our wards and to honour and cherish their individual value. In doing this, we follow a clear philosophical strategy :
- We must attend to their physical nature, activity or behaviour in the natural world.
- We must consider their thinking and reasoning, both in structure and content.
- We must recognize and be sensitive to these feelings and the attitudes that go with them in teaching and learning.
- We must recognize intentions, judgments and decisions of persons upon which they act. These lead to inquiry into responsibility, accountability and integrity.
- We must analyse the aspects of character, personality, imagination and values, which transcend our analytic categories. We are called to recognise the individuality and uniqueness of persons.
- We are very deliberate in relation to our pedagogical choices and practices – both in the individual classrooms as well as on/different campuses.